By Paul Vandyken, RigorFitness.com
Erroneous lifestyle and lack of proper exercises lead to flabby tummy, and there is no shortcut to getting rid of such abdominal fat apart from healthy diet and good fitness routine. Yoga is one of such great fitness exercise that does not only help to reduce your abdominal fat but also help you to control your body and mind like never before. Here are 10 asanas to lose belly fat you need to know:
Tadasana also known as mountain pose is an ideal warm-up pose that helps to improve your blood circulation and make your body ready for the other exercises. Complete the following steps:
- Stand with your feet flat while your feet are in contact and heels slightly spread out.
- Bring your palms close to each other as you stretch your hands to the front.
- Stretch your spine while you raise your folded hands upward and inhaling deeply.
- While standing on the toes, try to lift your ankles and lift your eyes to face the ceiling.
- Hold the pose for about 30 seconds while you breathe normally.
- Try this asana to times while relaxing for about 10 seconds between each round.
You can vary the workout by stretching your arms upward, parallel to each other and perpendicular to the floor. The exercise helps to improve your posture, firm your buttocks and abdomen, and help to strengthen your knees and ankles.
- Surya Namaskar
Surya Namaskar or Sun salutation involves 12 yoga positions that help to improve your entire position. To perform this exercise, you have to complete the following exercise:
- Expand your chest while you stand with your feet together and shoulders relaxed
- Inhale while you spread your hands aside. Then exhale as you bring your arms to the front of your chest and keep them in the prayer position.
- Inhale as you stretch your hands backward. Then exhale as you bend forward and try touching the knees with your forehead.
- Bend your left knee and stretch the right leg backward while your palms remain on the floor.
- Hold your breath as you stretch your left leg and lower your body downward as you hold your spine out.
- Inhale and stretch forward as you bend backward.
- While your hands are still intact on the floor, exhale and lean forward.
- Move your leg forward in between your elbows and stretch upwards.
- Move the left leg forward and inhale deeply.
Regularly practicing Surya will keep your energized and healthy.
This is a Standing Forward Bend which involves compressing the abdomen while bending forwards. It is a great workout that helps to burn fat. Here is how to perform the exercise:
- Keep the spin erect and lift your hands upward as you inhale deeply
- Exhale and you bend forward in such a way that your body is parallel to the floor.
- Inhale and exhale, then bend forward completely downward from the hips.
- Try touching the floor with your palm without bending the knees
- Hold your breath and tuck the tummy in and hold in that position for about 60 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times while posing for ten minutes between each round.
The exercise helps to improve the abdominal muscles, strengthen the wrist joints, and relieves mental and physical exhaustion.
This is a great Hatha Yoga that stimulates the center of your solar plexus. It helps to tone your tummy and strengthen hamstrings and thighs as well as hips. It is a great exercise for those who have digestive disorders. Complete the following steps:
- Keep your spine erect while you are sited on the floor and stretch your legs out to your front
- As you inhale deeply, stretch your hands upward without bending your elbow.
- Exhale as you bend forward from the thighs and try to touch your toes.
- Inhale, hold your tummy and remain in that position for about 60 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise 25 times.
This is a great workout that helps to alleviate various gastric problems such as ingestion and constipation. It also helps in weight loss.
- Lie down facing upward with your hands stretched out beside your body and heels touching each other.
- Take a deep breath as you bent the knees toward the chest.
- List your head and move it to touch your knees.
- Hold in the same position for about 60 to 90 seconds as you breathe deeply.
- Repeat the procedure for about 7 times while relaxing about 15-seconds between the rounds.
Naukasaba also known as Boat Pose is one of the great yoga postures that helps to flatten the belly. It also helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles as well as tone the abs. complete the following exercise.
- Lie down facing the ceiling while you stretched out your legs out.
- Inhale and exhale, then lift your legs and from the ground so that they are parallel.
- Remain in that position for about 60 seconds.
- Breathe normally and slowly bring the hands and legs to the original position.
- Repeat the exercise 5 times.
The ustrasana also known as camel pose is done to counter the Naukasana pose. It helps to release the tension that you experience on your belly during Naukasana as well as help to stretch the body. Complete the following exercises:
- Lift your body up the knees such that the body is supported by the knees.
- Exhale deeply then arch your back. Take back your hands behind the body and try to hold ankles one by one.
- Stretch backward by tilting your head forward until you feel your belly stretch.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times while relaxing for 15 seconds between each exercise.
This is a good exercise that helps to get rid of fat in the lower abdominal as well in the hips and thighs. It is a great exercise of eliminated flab that accumulates around your waist and hips during pregnancy. Achieve these benefits by completing the following procedures:
- Lie down with your legs stretched out, heels touching each other and hands side of the body.
- Inhale deeply and exhale slowly as you tilt your back and bring your head backward to touch the floor.
- Stretch to the maximum
- Inhale deeply and raise your legs up the floor to about 45-degree.
- Pose for about 15 seconds before returning the legs to the original position.
- Pose for about 30 seconds before lifting the legs to a 90-degree angle and remain in that position for about 60 seconds.
- Repeat the procedure 10 times.
It is a forceful contraction exercise that helps to build abdominal muscles as well as burn fat around the belly. It also helps to enhance the flexibility of the spine. The exercise involves the following steps:
- While breathing normally, raise your body in such a way that your body is supported by the knees and palms.
- Lift your head and push your back down so that the body is in a concave structure.
- Expand the abdominal to allow the maximum amount of air and maintain the posture for about 30 seconds.
- Breathe deeply and work up for up to 90 seconds gradually.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times.
Bhujangasana also known as Cobra Pose is a great way to stretch your abdomen. It is a regular practice that helps to strengthen your back. It is one of the most popular yoga that helps to alleviate Post-Partum back pain. Complete the following exercises:
- Lie down while your legs are slightly spaced, and toes are touching the floor.
- Move the palm beneath your shoulders.
- Inhale deeply and slowly lift your chest and head off the floor. Push your pubis toward the navel while you keep the buttocks firm.
- Hold in the position for about 30 seconds.
- Lift your body from the waist upward, bending backward as much as possible.
- Hold in the posture for about 30 seconds.
- Relax and return to the original posture.
- Repeat the exercise for 10 times while working 30 times gradually in every round.
- Relax 15 minutes in between the exercise.
About Paul Vandeyken
Paul Vandyken is a personal trainer, nutrition coach. His personal website is RigorFitness.com. His blog has articles, videos, and pictures with tips, tricks about fitness, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle. If you are on the journey to your healthy and happy lifestyle, visiting his blog may worth a look or even help you enhance your process.